[clue] ZFS on Linux?

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at comcast.net
Sat Oct 31 13:06:01 MDT 2015

Hrm, didn't know about that one. *googles*

Dug this up, and started reading the thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/32cu9w/zfs_vs_btrfs/

Looks like it will offer more features than ZFS and will satisfy some
people's desire license-wise (GPL)...when it's ready? Given that people
are saying big companies are funding active development, maybe that's
not too far off?

Maybe it's a vim vs. Emacs thing, though. But it's good to have options
and maybe the two projects will push each other toward further excellence.

I wonder how hard it is to get ZFS on Linux, though. I also wonder how
well ZFS in a VM scenario (guest or host) works for either Linux or
FreeBSD. I wish I still had my stable of desktops/servers around to
experiment with.