[clue] Linux phones?

foo7775 at comcast.net foo7775 at comcast.net
Sun Sep 6 11:16:56 MDT 2015

I've given a little bit of thought to flashing my phone with Cyanogen...

http://www.cyanogenmod.org/

...just because I'd like to have more control over it & to remove some of the pre-loaded *CRAP* that the carrier doesn't let you uninstall.

Not sure if I'm feeling that brave though - I've flashed several wireless routers with open-source firmware, had one or two that ended up "bricked". Replacing a wireless router is pretty cheap & easy - replacing my phone (which is still under contract) would be a bit more of a PITA.

I don't know if that exactly qualifies as a "Linux phone" for the purpose of this discussion (although it is a modified form of Android), but I thought I'd mention it, since no one else has brought it up.

T.