[clue] Ack! (recovering busted disks - (fixed)

Mike Bean beandaemon at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 11:54:53 MDT 2016

Tagging this fixed.  We got lucky.  For the life of me I don't really
understand why, but somehow the machine lost the ability to see the disc by
UUID, but could still see it by device name.

changing /etc/grub/grub.conf from
linux   /vmlinuz-3.16.0-0.bpo.4-amd64 root=UUID ro  quiet
linux   /vmlinuz-3.16.0-0.bpo.4-amd64 root=/dev/mapper/rootvg-rootlv ro
 quiet

somehow fixed the issue.   (after running update-grub).

(whew)