[clue] Ack! (recovering busted disks)

Mike Bean beandaemon at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 07:36:19 MDT 2016

I agree.   It might not be critical, but there's probably a good 30 or 40
devs that rely on it. (It's our jenkins box).  Unfortunately there isn't
really someone who "owns" it in the traditional sense.   Unfortunately
since I both #1 noticed it was broken and #2 attempted to fix it, I may
have "volunteered" myself for the job.  We'll have to see how things shake
out.  It's a hard box to take control of really, everyone has root, and I
can't change the root without breaking numerous jobs, but I will say this.
If I just "inherited" the jenkins box,  #1 the long snapshot chain is going
bye-bye, #2 I'm going to have to figure out some way to back it up, and #3
I don't care what anybody says, I'm patching the @#$@#$ thing.  What's
Debian on?   8?  (sheesh)

Mike B