[clue] meeting this week

Larry Dunn larry at toaboyt.com
Wed Mar 9 15:55:22 MST 2016

Being a few minutes late, Dennis, David Holz and I missed Griz but had a
nice last meeting in the McAfee lobby, talking about home automation and
beyond.

Griz texted me today:

"Sorry I missed you last evening. Last night was the last CLUE meeting at
the McAfee office. Since the CLUE website had not been updated since the
beginning of the year and considering the lack of speakers and attendees
for the last nine months I did not do any of the normal setup. Instead I
was packed up for the day with my bag in my car while I waited in the lobby
until seven. At that point no one had shown yet so I immediately left,
judging by the time stamp, you must have been pulling into the front lot as
I was pulling out of the back lot.

I hope CLUE can find a suitable location for the meetings and the years of
meetings at McAfee have been informative."

I texted back:

"I came last night partly to thank for for your support of CLUE meetings,
even though I've been an irregular attendee. There were 3 of us, and I'm
sorry we were all a little late and missed you. We had a nice last meeting
anyway in the lobby. This may be CLUE's last gasp, but who knows? I've
gotten so much info from CLUE for over 15 years, so I knew last night would
be bittersweet. You and McAfee are very appreciated, and I wish you all the
best for your next career step. THANK YOU GRIZ!!!!"

I want to add my thanks to David Anselmi, Dennis Perkins, David Willson and
all others who have kept CLUE alive during the (last?) McAfee era, and
preceding eras as well.

Larry, appreciative long time CLUE lurker