[clue] PPC yaboot issues

Will Jones wamj.dev at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 18:26:42 MDT 2016

Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I have an old powermac g5 that I tried
installing Debian on, which didn't work at all, so I tried installing
ubuntu, which worked well, but for some reason yaboot does nothing. It just
sits on the boot screen giving me options for booting from cd or the hard
disk. I was wondering if there was anyone out there that is familiar with
yaboot. MY eventual goal is to try and install something along the lines of
gentoo, I am fairly familiar with installing it on amd64 hardware.

Thanks,

Will