[CLUE-Admin] Fwd: You need a mailman update.

David Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Tue Jun 18 18:49:11 MDT 2002

CLUE President wrote:

> However, does someone want to volunteer to upgrade the mailman version on
> CLUE server?  If not, what is everyone's opinion about Sean's offer to move
> the lists to the Tummy server?

I think I can do the upgrade on Friday, if we want to do that instead of
pass the lists off to Tummy.  Seems easier to do the upgrade to me.

I see that Mailman doesn't have any upgrade instructions, but I think I
can muddle through.  Here are some things you can answer that may be
helpful:

I don't quite see how Mailman is run.  By sendmail, I guess.  So is
there any start/stop procedure or can I just move the old stuff out of
the way?

BTW, ps behaves strangely on this box.  I can't get it to list all the
running processes (even though I can find out a bit from /proc).  Also,
top segfaults.  Cool.

IIRC this is a RedHat box.  Any rpm experts know where to get the right
rpms?  I'm sure I can find them, but is there a way to get rpms specific
to (which version of RedHat is this?)

I can probably get by the above, but I'll take any advice you have.