[CLUE-Admin] Fwd: You need a mailman update.

Jeffery Cann fabian at jefferycann.com
Thu Jun 20 17:52:27 MDT 2002

On Tuesday 18 June 2002 06:49 pm, David Anselmi wrote:

> I see that Mailman doesn't have any upgrade instructions, but I think I
> can muddle through.

Check the Mailman docs -- there are instructions on upgrades.

> I don't quite see how Mailman is run.  By sendmail, I guess.  So is
> there any start/stop procedure or can I just move the old stuff out of
> the way?

The documents specify what you need to do with the current set of scripts.
Be careful that you _do_ not just move the old stuff out of the way.

> BTW, ps behaves strangely on this box.  I can't get it to list all the
> running processes (even though I can find out a bit from /proc).  Also,
> top segfaults.  Cool.
>
> IIRC this is a RedHat box.  Any rpm experts know where to get the right
> rpms?  I'm sure I can find them, but is there a way to get rpms specific
> to (which version of RedHat is this?)

Mailman is a python application, so RPMS are not really an issue -- i.e., you
won't have to build it using make.

Thanks!