[CLUE-Admin] Re: CLUE-Tech post from admin@clue.denver.co.us requires approval

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Mon Aug 4 11:08:22 MDT 2003

On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 10:59:19 -0600
Lynn Danielson <lynnd at techangle.com> wrote:

> We're getting more and more mail like this, where folks are munging
> their email
> to look like it was sent from someone on our server.

It'd help to see some representative headers.

The first thing that comes to my mind is to use SpamAssasin, or some other
bayseian type filtration. The other thing is to require that the From:
header domain match the originating machine, or something like that. I
know there are some problems with that, though.

I dunno whether this topic would be better on CLUE-dev or not.