[CLUE-Admin] CVS pserver connection failure

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Sun Dec 21 16:02:52 MST 2003

Just trying some more testing, but now I can't use the pserver CVS
connection any more.

$ cvs login
Logging in to :pserver:jsbaer at clue.denver.co.us:2401/usr/local/cvsroot
CVS password:
cvs [login aborted]: connect to clue.denver.co.us(216.38.207.181):2401
failed: Connection refused

I verified that my password in CVSROOT/passwd has not changed, and
carefully typed the correct password.

I see no obvious messages in /var/log/messages -- in fact, I don't see
where (if anywhere) cvs logs diagnostic messages.

In looking around the CLUE server at /etc/inetd.conf and in the
/etc/rc.d/init.d directories, I can't even tell how the pserver would be
getting started.

http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/