[CLUE-Admin] Steering Meeting Notes (1/25/03)

El Presidente de CLUE president at clue.denver.co.us
Sat Jan 25 19:59:46 MST 2003

Installfests / Social Events (Jef Barnhardt)
 + Schedule for 2003 Installfests:  Feb, May, Aug, Nov
 + February 15th is the next one at Batky-Howell.
 + Specific dates within a month to be worked out at least 6 weeks in advance.
 + Discussion ideas:
     1.  Promote Installfests outside of group.
     2.  Theme-oriented gatherings.
     3.  Hold events at ACC or Regis (or alternative company in Broomfield)

IBM March Meeting  (Jeff Cann gave update for Dave Price)
 + IBM and Intel engineers will present during DTC March meeting.
 + Discussion items:
    1.  More information on the IBM road show.  (Lynn Danielson)
    2.  Should CLUE represent at road show?

Webserver (Dave Anselmi)
 + Configured, but not ready for deployment.
 + Deployment possible before new Techangle location ready in April.
 + Deployment date based on Dave's schedule.

Newsletter (Zonker)
 + January Draft available on CLUE-Admin archives.
 + Get additions and suggestions to Zonker.
 + Publish HTML version to CLUE web site.
    1.  Jeff Cann will set up CVS account for Zonker.
 + Post to CLUE-Talk regarding publication to CLUE-Announce, rather than
CLUE-Newsletter.  (Jeff Cann)  If CLUE-Announce, Zonker will CC: relevant
publisher contacts.
 + Discussion Ideas:
    1.  Solicit information from CLUEbies.
    2.  Summary of interesting / informative CLUE Tech threads.
    3.  Sponsor information.

Speakers (Lynn Danielson)
 + Main presentations lined up through June.
 + Additional KISS sessions needed.

Projector Fund (Jeff Cann)
 + $1140
 + Well short of amount needed to purchase an adequate projector.
 + Discussion Ideas:
    1.  Fundraising via t-shirt sales (Dave Hahn will gather information).
    2.  Voluntary membership dues.
    3.  Another CLUE auction night.

Meeting Room (All)
 + We have been discussing moving the DTC meetings for some time.
 + We have been unable to find a larger (100+ people) meeting room for free.
 + Dave Hahn stated that Techangle is willing to pay for the Radisson meeting
space, starting in March through December, 2003.  Admins agreed to move
CLUE-DTC meetings to Radisson for the rest of the year.  This hotel is
located at I-225 and Parker Road, approximately 5 miles east of our current
meeting location.

 + There was heated debate about future fundrasing, which has been tabled
until a March admin meeting.  This meeting will be dedicated solely to the
discussion of formal organization of CLUE as a legal entity (e.g.,
non-profit),  future fundrasing, voluntary membership dues.

--
Colorado Linux Users and Enthusiasts (CLUE)
http://cluedenver.org/