[CLUE-Admin] CLUE Sysadmin

CLUE President president at clue.denver.co.us
Fri Jul 4 17:30:37 MDT 2003

Greetings,

Each of you contacted me recently regarding the system administrator position
for CLUE.  Our new Debian server is installed in Techangle's colocation
facility, but has not yet been provisioned (AFAIK).  I expected it to be
ready about 3 weeks ago.  I will be able to follow-up with Techangle at the
next meeting.  Once the new server has its IP address, we will switch over
from the old server and then the sys admin position will start.

Until then, the position is on-hold.  It could be as soon as a week, but more
likely in a few weeks.

However, here are the expectations:

1.  Maintain the security updates and patches for important software:
     php, apache, mailman, spamassassin

2.  Update spamassassin with latest

3.  Maintain sendmail aliases file for CLUE administrators.

4.  Facilitate new software installations as needed by the web master (Jed
Baer).

There are probably other responsibilities, but I can't think of any right now.
I expect that a relatively experienced system adminstrator will be able to
keep up with the duties in 2-4 hours per month.  The benefits to you are
real-world system administration experience on Linux (resume fodder) and the
undying gratitude of the CLUEbies.

Please consider your interest in the position and get back to me in the next
week.  By then, we should have an idea when the new machine will be on-line.

Thanks for volunteering!

Colorado Linux Users and Enthusiasts (CLUE)
http://cluedenver.org/
Jeffery Cann, President