[CLUE-Admin] FW: New Real Estate E-Newsletter

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier jzb at dissociatedpress.net
Fri Mar 14 07:02:07 MST 2003

Hi Rick,

On Thu, 2003-03-13 at 23:01, Willaim Helmich wrote:
> Ok, group. I'm sorry that this is thought of as sperm.  I guess that it
> may be, but the idea of the first e-mail was to find out who really
> doesn't want to get this type of information.  If it is the general
> feeling of the group that this is wrong I will stop the plans I have to
> send out these newsletters.  I am really just trying to provide
> information to people.

I can't speak for anyone else... but I know I'm not really looking for
real estate info right now.

Like I said before, I'm chalking it up to an error in judgement. I think
that, were you in our place, you'd probably see the message as spam.
But, unlike "real" spam, I know you weren't trying to be malicious or
annoying so no harm, no foul. All the same, I'll pass on the newsletter
and wish you the best of luck with anyone who opts-in for it.

> Just so you know, I did not send this out to the CLUE groups, though I
> did use some of the address that I have collected over the last year or
> two from CLUE mailings to make up the list.

You're right, my bad.

However, harvesting names from the CLUE-lists is kind of a spammish
tactic. It's a fine line, I admit. Had you sent out an e-mail to
selected list members inviting us to a party or to make some kind of
personal announcement, I doubt anyone would be offended. The real estate
thing, however, has a different feel to it and it makes people feel like
their personal information has been "harvested" for undesired purposes.

Good luck with your new job, and no hard feelings, I hope.

Best,

Zonker
--
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier