[CLUE-Admin] Re: Bruce Perens in town October 7.

CLUE President president at clue.denver.co.us
Sat Sep 27 00:01:26 MDT 2003

On Friday 26 September 2003 4:14 pm, Bruce Perens wrote:
> Hi CLUE folks,
>
> I am speaking at an IBM sales meeting at the TechMart Marriott on October
> 8. I will be arriving at the airport at about 3 PM on the 7th, and can do a
> LUG talk if you folks can set it up. Any volunteers?

Hi Bruce,

Maureen Sherlock from IBM let us know that you were in town for the IBM
presentation.  We have already circulated this info to the CLUEbies.  But
your offer to speak at our meeting is excellent!

Our normal meeting schedule is a KISS session 6:30 pm, followed by the main
(hour long) presentation at about 7:15.  Depending on your topic, we can
simply focus on it for the evening (this is not unprecedented, so not a
problem to alter the schedule).

Regarding your hotel - perhaps it is the Tech Center Marriot?  Our Tuesday
(10/7) meeting (we have 2 each month) is within 5 minutes of the Denver Tech
Center.

Logistically, what do you need?  I'm happy to meet you at the airport and get
you to your hotel and later our meeting.  We also have overhead projector,
screen, and a room full of CLUEbies.  We're open to listening to any topic
you wish to present.  If you want suggestions, we can list some.  To see some
of our past presentations, visit http://clue.denver.co.us/presentations.html

Our normal protocal calls for CLUE to offer dinner and / or drinks for
speakers following the meeting.  It's our way to thank folks for their
preparation time for presentations.  It's also the source of interesting
discussions.

If you need to discuss logistics on the phone, you can reach me at (303)
324-8631.  Otherwise, this email address will suffice.

We are glad to host you and appreciate your offer.

Regards,

Colorado Linux Users and Enthusiasts (CLUE)
http://cluedenver.org/
Jeffery Cann, President