[CLUE-Admin] Anonymous CVS Access

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Fri Jan 23 15:09:29 MST 2004

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 08:09:12 -0700
David Anselmi <anselmi at anselmi.us> wrote:

> http://www.cvshome.org/docs/manual/cvs-1.11.10/cvs_2.html#SEC30

I got this all cleared up now. I added passwd to checkoutlist, mostly
because the presence of the RCS equivalent implies that it should be.

So, now I have the line "anonymous::pubcvs" in the passwd file, and cannot
use it to login. My other CVS login still works. AFAICT, this line is
completely legal (based on the above doc link), and will result in user
anonymous having the effective userid of pubcvs via the pserver. The
readers file then imposes readonly access.

$ echo $CVSROOT
:pserver:anonymous at clue.denver.co.us:/usr/local/cvsroot
$ cvs login
Logging in to :pserver:anonymous at clue.denver.co.us:2401/usr/local/cvsroot
CVS password: {hit return}
cvs login: authorization failed: server clue.denver.co.us rejected access
to /usr/local/cvsroot for user anonymous

I can't see where I've missed anything. So once again, I'm stumped.

http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/