[CLUE-Admin] Admin meeting notes - 2/28

CLUE President president at clue.denver.co.us
Tue Mar 9 07:03:31 MST 2004

Agenda and Notes:

1.  Special Events (Jef Barnhart)
	+ Jef did not attend the meeting (no rsvp).
	+ We were supposed to have an install fest recently.
	+ Crawford volunteered to have one at DeVry, perhaps in concert
	with the Oracle presentation in April.

2.  Web (Jed Baer).
	+ Jed is making progress on the new XML-based web site.
	+ Hooked up CVS checkins to clue-dev email list.
	+ Always looking for volunteers.

3.  System Administration (Jeff Orrock).
	+ Jeff did not attend the meeting (no rsvp).
	+ Not sure if Jeff will be able to continue to as SA.
	+ We need to migrate to the new server.

4.  Newsletters (Zonker Brockmeier).
	+ Joe did not attend the meeting (no rsvp).
	+ After much discussion, we came to an epiphany:  We have not given
	the former newsletter editors enough guidance on what is expected for
	the newsletter.  So, Jeff will discuss with Joe to see if he is interested
	in continuing, under the revised (and explicit) guidelines.  If not, we will
	again call for another editor.
	+ Suggestions for content:
		- Presentation links.
		- Best of CLUE Tech.
		- Solicit content every month with an explicit deadline.
		- Guru Tips.
		- President's column each month.

5.  Speakers (Dave Jenne).
	+ Dave has lined up speakers for the next few months.

6.  Sponsors (Doug Corwine).
	+ Doug was unable to attend - he had another conflict.
	+ Jeff needs a calendar reminder to obtain SoftPro $20 cert each month.

7.  Members (Lynn Danielson).
	+ Members have asked about benefits.
	+ Lynn will add a membership page to the web site.
	+ Lynn will publish membership directory (w/photos) on web site.
	+ Lynn will send to Jeff a link for the membership directory photos to
	use to validate door prize entries.
	+ Suggested benefit:
		- ISO mirror for members of latest distributions.
--
Colorado Linux Users and Enthusiasts (CLUE)
http://cluedenver.org/