[clue-admin] User setup for "member" accounts

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Sat Jan 1 16:14:42 MST 2005

On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 14:48:00 -0700
David Anselmi wrote:

> > 1. First try I supplied no passphrase. Copied the ...authorized_keys2
> > file again using scp. Attempt to connect with sftp resulted in an
> > immediate connection closed.
>
> First, the file name is authorized_keys (maybe authorized_keys2 is left
> from the protocol 1 to 2 change).

Here's my configuration on the CLUE server.

[jsbaer at clue ~]$ ls .ssh
authorized_keys2  known_hosts

Haven't tried it with "authorized_keys".

Collins, I'm not sure what you mean by "Copied the ...authorized_keys2
file". If you copied authorized_keys2 from one machine to another, that
won't work (unless you originally copied the pub DSA/RSA key to to the
authorized_keys2 file that you subsequently copied to your target server.

Guess I'll play with this a bit later tonight, even if you do get it
working, cuz there's stuff about ssh that I need to learn anyway. Right
now, FWIW, I'm trying to restore an old battered Sabatier chef's knife to
good working order. Never have I had so much trouble getting an edge on
steel. Must be some hard stuff -- which is unusual for most kitchen
knives.

> Second, I'd bet sftp isn't configured (I can't look in sshd_config).

Actually, it is, and it works. (For me, anyway.)

http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/
Key fingerprint = B027 FEFB 4281 CC72 67D1  4237 F2D0 D356 077A A30E