[clue-admin] Admin term limits?

Danielson, Lynn Lynn.Danielson at ihs.com
Tue Jan 3 10:44:52 MST 2006

Other clubs hold elections are once a year.  Time is taken out of one of
the regular scheduled meetings to accomplish this.  Any member of the
club can nominate any other member for a position.  A seconding of the
nomination is requested and if received the nomination stands.  After
the nominations, the election is carried out either with a paper ballot
or a simple raising of hands.

I suspect the biggest problem in our group is going to be getting new
volunteers for the position.  But an election might encourage some to
volunteer who wouldn't otherwise.  Especially if they know they don't
have to do it indefinitely.  If an existing officer is willing to
continue in their capacity or try a different position, they can
nominate themselves.  If the opposite is true, they can decline a
nomination or state up front that they are not interested in continuing
on in that role.

Fwiw -- Lynn