[clue-admin] Clue mailing list

Chris Hirsch chris at base2technology.com
Wed Jun 7 10:32:36 MDT 2006

> And while others have pointed out that CLUE needs more admins - it's
> probably also worth mentioning that Erik is welcome to help in that
> process, right?  I can't say cause I'm not an admin - I just lurk
> here.
I can probably help out on admin work if there is a need. Give me task
and the proper access! ;-) I'm not keen on phpBB because one of my
systems did get rooted as a result of a venerability in phpBB.

I'm more of a neutral party in this discussion and I'm a list subscriber
from way back. I think forums are like Usenet where you have to go get
the messages and lists have the message pushed to you. I personally
prefer lists because then I'm in control of filtering, searching etc and
I tend to learn more about about the list topic because I'll see
subjects that I may not have known about.  I also like the fact that the
messages are delivered to me instead of me having to go to a bunch of
different web sites each day. RSS has helped with this some but I still
like lists.

Is there any real  need for a list<->forum gateway? I may be able to
help out if so. I've done this a couple of times in the past and it's
not hard although the forums can be harder to set up.