[clue-admin] November DTC

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Sun Nov 12 21:11:58 MST 2006

Bret Clement wrote:
> Our speaker, Rick Burton, cancelled late on Friday.
>
> We've got a few feelers out to OpenOffice guru (Solveig) and Peter
> Saint-Andre from Jabber - but no feedback yet. Does anyone have other
> ideas for last minute speakers?
>
> Otherwise, Jeff said one option would be to cancel this month's meeting.

I'd hate to see it cancelled.  That's a killer to membership, especially
those who don't hear and show up.

Could we let it stand and if no one is available make it an open
discussion?  We don't want to do that too much but I think people will
understand the jam our speakers may get us into (especially if there's a
good reason behind it).

Ideas, none exactly short notice, include Bdale Garbee, Cricket Liu, and
who's that Perl guy in Boulder?  Tom Christiansen?  Those are heavy
hitters though.

At the installfest one of the DeVry guys said they have a security group
with info on www.hackdmz.net.  He was impressed with the guy who runs
the group but I didn't see any good contact info (maybe if I'd
registered on the site).

At the moment I'm not free on Tuesday but that could change.  If I were
to come I could talk for an hour about darn near anything (and I'm
supposed to be thinking about a DNS talk).  Of course that might be
worse for membership than cancelling. :-)  I'll let you know if I can
make it (so you can wave everyone else off ;-).