[clue-admin] Major Site Update

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Fri Dec 21 11:44:58 MST 2007

Jed S. Baer wrote:
> Hi Folks.
>
> Well, it doesn't look major --content is barely changed.
>
> To avoid the always-a-problem of the Apache rpm postinstall changing
> ownership of the www directory tree, I finally got around to moving the
> whole thing to /usr/local.

Sounds good.  If an upgrade mucks with the config file and loses track
of that location I'd definitely file a bug.  That isn't allowed (without
admin consent) in Debian.

On the wiki I have installed, dynamic stuff owned by www is in /var/lib
(there's other stuff there owned by root but not dynamic).  I'm not sure
what the theory behind /var/www being owned by root is.  And for a web
site like ours perhaps /srv is better.

Thanks for the work.