[clue-admin] October presentation info.

CLUE President president at cluedenver.org
Fri Sep 28 20:25:01 MDT 2007

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: CLUE Web Site Contact Form - Presentation on Linux
Development Tools (Wed Jul 25 2007 11:11 am)
Date: 	Mon, 24 Sep 2007 10:45:18 -0600
From: 	Brad Lewis <Brad.Lewis at Sun.COM>
To: 	CLUE President <president at cluedenver.org>
CC: 	Dave Hagerty <Dave.Hagerty at Sun.COM>
<46BE4B2D.2030102 at cluedenver.org> <46C088A4.3060605 at sun.com>
<46F48357.3060006 at cluedenver.org>

Thanks Jeff,

Dave and I are looking forward to the presentions.  Here is the information
you asked for.

Presentation Title and Abstract :

Multi-threaded Linux Development with Sun Studio 12

The trend toward multi-core systems places an increasing importance on
multi-threaded applications.   Developing multi-threaded applications is
known
to be a difficult.  Sun Studio 12 provides C, C++, and Fortran compilers
for
Linux in an IDE with tools to ease the development and tuning of
multi-threaded
applications for free.

Presenters:

Dave Hagerty has a Bachelor degree from the University of Colorado in
Computer Science.  He has been in the Computer industry for 23 years in
various roles including System Administrator,Network administrator,
Software developer and technical support person.  His current role is
the build master and system administrator for the Performance Library
(Perflib), which is part of Sun Studio.

Brad Lewis works in the Sun Performance Library Group developing highly
tuned mathematical software.   He has 13 years of experience specializing
HPC and developer tools.  He has a MS degree in Computer Science from
the South Dakota School of Mines and Technology.

--
Jeff Cann
CLUE President