[clue-admin] Mail issues

Jeff Cann jccann at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 19:30:08 MDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 11:24 PM, Jed S. Baer <cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net>
wrote:

> Which is why I've made mention of seeking a volunteer who is already a
> postfix expert. ( /me thinks of Barb Dijker, e.g. -- I don't know if
> she's a postfix expert, but she gave a CLUE talk on Spam)

I setup Spam Assassin a few years ago and because we were on ancient
hardware [P3/500MHZ] it choked the CPU.  I know that the new version of SA
is also more optimized and we're obviously on much more capable hardware.
In the newer versions, the have changed the assignment algorithm:

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/HowScoresAreAssigned

Integrating SA into postfix and / or mailman [i forget what I did exactly]
was only a few configuration lines. I'm willing to plug it in again and
document if someone would kindly install the package.

Other request - we do need a lot of 'ham' - i.e., spam messages in an mbox
format.  So Dennis - if you would be so kind as to turn on POP3 for your new
gmail account and download the messages to an mbox format.  Then please
upload it to the clue server and send me the file specification.  This is
necessary to 'train' SA on real world spam.

Finally, I can provide to Jed the integration steps for our particular
environment to add to the admin wiki docs.

Let me know if you guys want me to do this activity.

HTH-

Read my blog at http://www.isuma.org/