[clue-admin] Future Hosting Plans

Jed S. Baer cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net
Thu Dec 3 19:19:22 MST 2009

On Thu, 03 Dec 2009 17:50:44 -0700
David L. Anselmi wrote:

> 4) mailman (with storage for the archives), PHP, version control for
> the web pages, backups of the VCS repository, mail archives, and
> apache/mailman configurations
>
> 5) an "easy enough" mechanism to update web pages (mailman config is
> built in but it was nice to be able to use the command line since I had
> sudo but not list admin)

Well, as long as we have shell access, it's likely we'll be able to
continue doing rsync over ssh.

Not wanting to fork the thread too badly, but seperating code and data on
the website would make content maintenance easier. JMHO, but using CVS
for content updates is goofy. The existing PHP code already has code
which could, with not a lot more work, pick up HTML fragments, or RDF
files, or something, as long as it could be generated in a structured
way, and display them. Well, something to keep in mind, but we need to
know what we can pay for first.

--
Ok, so we should be thinking of a lovable, cuddly, stuffed penguin
sitting down after having gorged itself on herring. Still with me?