[clue-admin] Future Hosting Plans

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Thu Dec 3 19:58:16 MST 2009

Jed S. Baer wrote:
> On Thu, 03 Dec 2009 19:03:28 -0700
> David L. Anselmi wrote:
>> So dreamhost is less than half that.
>
> Shared vs. VPS. Different duck.

Both seem to meet our requirements equally, don't they?

>> They do free hosting for non-profits.  We've said the paperwork isn't
>> worth it but perhaps we could farm it out amongst several.  Is it worth
>> $200+?  Is it worth what I'd be inclined to contribute?
>
> http://www.wikihow.com/Start-a-501c3-Nonprofit-Organization
>
> Ugh!

Doesn't look so bad.  You just need legal and accounting advice.  That might not be worth it at our
scale (Jeff's wife is a lawyer though, isn't she? :-)  So perhaps we should talk to the other LUGs
and become an umbrella organization.

We should have done that before we offered memberships.

Sadly I don't have the time to spend, it looks like fun.  But still, if it could be farmed out...