[clue-admin] The Yahoo Groups CLUE Jobs thread

Jed S. Baer cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net
Sun Jan 18 09:52:14 MST 2009

On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 09:03:49 -0700 (MST)
Crawford Rainwater wrote:

> Just out of curiosity and from the recent postings on CLUE-Tech about
> what happened to CLUEJobs (the Yahoo Group)?  Any thoughts of pulling
> it into the Mailman list with moderation since IIRC the reason for the
> moderation was to keep it on track from the various "head hunters" out
> there?
>
> I know this has come up in the past, but it would be nice to see "the
> crowd" out there for CLUE to be pleased a bit. ;-)

Actually, part of the reason, IIRC, for using a Yahoo group is that it
provides file upload capability, so people can post a resume, for
example. I haven't any idea how important that might be to anyone -- I
never used it, since I've always had a web host where I could put it.

One question would be whether anyone has the password to be able to log
in as the administrator and delete the Yahoo group.

2nd question would be who will volunteer to be the moderator. While it's
true that Mailman can auto-moderate, at least to the point of rejecting
messages from non-subscribers, it's hard to predict what might be needed
if CLUE-Jobs were to become a popular list.

At this point, now that we have Postfix configured with SMTP validity
checking and RBL lookups, we're in a better position to handle a
higher volume of legitimate e-mail.

Find a volunteer to be the list moderator, and the person who can delete
the Yahoo group, and I'll create the mailing list and mod the website.