[clue-admin] 20101214 Tuesday meeting about forwarding CLUE 99clue

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.com
Thu Dec 16 09:14:44 MST 2010

----- "David L. Willson" <DLWillson at TheGeek.NU> wrote: -----

> inline with *** markers.
>
> ----- "YES NOPE9" <yes at nope9.com> wrote: -----
>
> I will not be attending the meeting since it is south at DTC
> and I am north at I-25 and I-70.
>
> *** I believe that Dave Anselmi intends to host a last
> steering/planning meeting in the North to accommodate you, Crawford,
> and other Canadians.

As David A noted, I am unable to attend due to various other obligations unfortunately.  I would be open to conference call into such perhaps another time.

<...snipped...?

> == I would like to see one mailing list with subject tags...
> [OT] Off Topic rants, politics, etc.
> [LINUX] Stuff about using Linux
> [HARDWARE] Stuff about Linux Hardware
> [ADMIN]
> [JOBS]
> [EVENTS]
>
> *** One list, with Netiquette, got it.

Perhaps a Forum style with email options as a thought here?  Such could be tagged from what I have seen with other Forum venues including login with password required for "partner program" folks areas (i.e., use this for Admin perhaps?) whereas the rest of the Forum are open for general discussions via specific topics (e.g., Announcements, Tech, Talk, Admin perhaps? ;-) ) to answer Jed's remark I noticed since I get these in Digest format.

> == I would like to put together a Hall of Fame webpage
> Anselmi installfests
> Baer website
> Crawford web support
> Whoever the CLUE members nominate
>
> *** Go for it. Ask for help when you need it. Jed and Dave can help
> get the page up.

I would prefer the title of "server admin/support" personally for such along with David A and Jed for that. ;-)  Thanks for the recommendation Gus.

--- Crawford

The Linux ETC Company
10121 Yates Court
Westminster, CO 80031 USA