[clue-admin] [ADMIN] Planning for CLUE hosting ( one year ago )

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Fri Dec 17 20:42:13 MST 2010

YES NOPE9 wrote:
> Below is last year's planning document.
>
> Did David Wilson provide his paypal account to accept donations ?
> Does CLUE have a calendar ?
> How many people know how to administer this system ?
> ( Baer , Crawford, Anselmi ? .... )

I'm not sure how much there is to know, all the code's there and anyone who understands e.g. mailman
will be able to figure out how to make mailman work.  If the backup system is implemented on a
different box then I don't know that.  If it's on CLUE then I do.

Perhaps there would be interest in talks or demos of how things are set up on a Real Live Server.
But I don't know--those who could admin the box already know and those who don't know won't learn
enough to admin the box.

The thing I'm interested in is capturing our server's uniqueness in a way that allows us to clone it
on another service (VPS, AWS, whatever) so migration is a non-issue.  But it will be a long time
before I get around to investigating that.