[clue-admin] [ADMIN] Those who want to determine the hosting provider... raise your hands

Jed S. Baer cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net
Sun Dec 19 13:04:17 MST 2010

On Sun, 19 Dec 2010 12:52:28 -0700 (MST)
Crawford Rainwater wrote:

> > But my main interest is in how to package the CLUE server so it can be
> > easily migrated anywhere, any time. And if I don't start until Feb,
> > it won't be done in 90 days (or 6 months, or maybe ever).
>
> Actually using a CMS like Drupal, all one needs to do is a DB dump and
> directory copy from "old" system to "new" system.  Done it with Drupal
> on PGSQL and MYSQL (though converting MYSQL based Drupal sites over to
> PGSQL these days).  So there is that migration and portability option
> via a CMS.

Well, there's the Postfix/Dovecot/Spamassassin configs, Apache configs,
and Mailman. A couple of us, that I know of, have minor stuff in /home to
be preserved. This winds up being something like /etc, /var/lib/mailman,
and /home, though not all of /etc needs preserved.

--
Ok, so we should be thinking of a lovable, cuddly, stuffed penguin
sitting down after having gorged itself on herring. Still with me?