[clue-admin] Email Lists Referendum

Jed S. Baer cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net
Tue Dec 21 17:25:55 MST 2010

On Tue, 21 Dec 2010 15:22:11 -0700
Jed S. Baer wrote:

> > Sorry, there was a lot to say in that mail and I tried to emphasize
> > the part I care about, which is pointing out what needs to be done so
> > that people can decide to go do it.
>
> Well, the statement there used the subjunctive mood. I didn't interpret
> that as being "We will conduct a vote, at meeting X ..." etc.

Well, I misread somewhat.

However, I will suggest that significant action items have their own
thread, announcement, and discussion. And, we might want to do them
sequentially, rather than in parallel, because with too much going on,
there's too many things to reply to, and information gets lost or missed.

For most values of $THING, Clue will continue to function even if $THING
doesn't get done right now. I'm not suggesting we continue dragging
things out for another year, but that we do attack them in some fashion
other than all at once in heap of admin list traffic.

For the moment, let's get the mailing list issue settled, then attack the
question of hosting, since our contract is up for renewal.

I suggest tabling the discussion of a Charter, re-alignment of CLUE admin
positions, and elections, until at least the previous 2 items are settled.

Perhaps Dennis can provide an update on his progress with Drupal. Last I
heard there was mention of some other CMS. Knowing more about the status
of this item will help with establishing priorities. My guess is that we
don't have enough data on this yet, for it to influence our decision on
hosting.

--
Ok, so we should be thinking of a lovable, cuddly, stuffed penguin
sitting down after having gorged itself on herring. Still with me?