[clue-admin] ZNZ relegated to the dustbin of trashed ideas

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Sat Dec 25 07:03:01 MST 2010

On Fri, Dec 24, 2010 at 5:41 PM, YES NOPE9 <yes at nope9.com> wrote:
> It has been made clear that Crawford and Jed are the CZARs of hosting and
> that they have decided to extend VPS hosting for 6 months.
> No vote.
> No indication of who was consulted.

I think that Crawford and Jed made the right decision - keep the ship
afloat until we can properly transition to another boat. The one thing
that is different this year is that the discussion about alternatives
will continue. We need to evaluate all the alternatives, your
seemingly valid proposal included. I would suggest that you publish
lots of details about what you have in mind. We've had a basically
trouble free two years with the current solution. Six months should be
enough time to arrive at a decision.

As regards Drupal, you are certainly welcome aboard. Dennis has made
some progress, and I'm trying to come up to speed. Crawford and Greg
can provide a few pointers (they have little time), I'm sure. The more
widespread the knowledge the better as far as I'm concerned.

In a group like ours, it's easy to get miffed by the little things.
Let's just keep an open mind going forward. I've seen more action re
the future of the group in the past month than in the previous two
years, so there is hope.

Have a Merry Christmas.

--
Collins Richey