[clue-admin] Fwd: CLUE steering meeting redux.

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Fri Nov 26 11:47:39 MST 2010

YES NOPE9 wrote:

> I would like to come to the November meeting.

Please do.  Tonight at 7 in Lone Tree.  http://www.panerabread.com/cafes/find.php?cafe=3072

Thanks for your interest!

> I would like to have an outline of an agenda published prior to the meeting  ........ this is the
> age of InterGoogle after all.

What I have I've put on our website.  Other than discussing the state of CLUE I don't have a
detailed agenda but I will try to facilitate so that we stay focused.  We might be able to be more
specific after tonight, and certainly if we have an admin meeting next quarter.

> Things I would like to see   Why does CLUE exist ?   What are it's priorities ?  I would like to
 > see these ranked on the first page.

I think http://cluedenver.org/ answers why.  We don't have documented priorities.  Come help with
that tonight.

> Is CLUE interested in all open source ( hardware and software ) or specifically Linux thingies ?

All open source.  There's probably a stronger interest in Linux and other software over hardware,
but that's a reflection of the group rather than a stated policy.

> How about more installfests ?

Hmm.  Installfests used to happen 3 times a year on a fairly ad hoc schedule, though I advocated
quarterly.  Then they didn't happen at all for a while.  By the time I started coordinating them we
had a north group so I picked bi-monthly.  Twice a year at each place didn't seem frequent enough
and 4 makes for odd intervals.  I'd be happy to consider suggestions on frequency but I don't know
that I can arrange more installfests.

> Why does David A. say slumber is occurring ?

My perception is that meeting attendance is declining, list volume is declining, and energy being
expended to keep things running is declining.  Some of that is empirical, some merely anecdotal, and
none intended as a slight to anyone involved in the group.  We haven't acted (much) on suggestions
that have been made about our web site, mailing lists, and "officer" positions.  Maybe that is by
decision rather than apathy but I'd like to hear from people before I guess which.