[clue-admin] Welcome to the list.

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Fri Feb 10 23:46:45 MST 2012

To all of you in the small group that has joined this list, welcome and thank you for your interest.

There are some people missing that I'd really like to see here but none here that I'd like to see
missing.  I'm still more than happy to talk to anyone who is unhappy that this list exists but I'm
happy to have time for other things too.  So spread the word if you know any of those.

I wanted to say, before we get on to the next phase of what CLUE will look like, that I'd like to
hear from anyone who wants to help the group in a specific way.

We don't have any documentation about what needs to be done.

We don't have any documentation (and maybe less idea) about what *is* being done.

We can't plug you in because you're skilled and enthusiastic.

We can't tell you that your idea is great and will make CLUE *the* group to be part of.

We may not even be able to make you feel like this group is something worth contributing to.

But we do have a group.  We would like to make it better.  We would like to make using Linux easier
and more enjoyable for you and those you know (though you can't please everybody).

So let us hear from you.  And if you get told by the first person, "shut up, that's a stupid idea,"
tell another person.  And then go do it and prove us all wrong.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the group in the next year (maybe we'll be the only
LUG left, with the Chevys and Twinkies, after the Mayan apocalypse).  I'm glad you're along for the
ride.