[clue-admin] Future Web Site

Raymond DeRoo rderoo at deroo.net
Wed Feb 15 14:27:58 MST 2012

David--

> I didn't say it was simple. I did say these are the steps, that I
> think it's do-able, and that it would be hard enough that I'd be
> interested.
>
> You think it's too hard or impossible?

Too hard? No, I really look forward to working on this as a difficult
project. *My* goal would be to create a solution which could be turned
into a project and made available to other LUG ( or any group ) that
would like to run a distributed website on the cheap.

But as I've said in previous messages I have *no* desire to find myself
in a position similar to yours. However as I have demonstrated in the
past, I am also an educator. I want people to think think about what it
is we are doing, how we need to accomplish it, and what issues we may
face. For those who wish to focus on the appears of CLUE ( design,
content, calendar, etc ) and do not have an interest in the technical
side, I encourage them to make the club's appearance better. Yet at the
same time, their choice should be able to scale to the wants of the club.

I believe that we can run a distributed Drupal environment. But I am
trying to get others to think about what is needed to accomplish that
task. I was pushing this originally to the Drupal users since they want
to use Drupal, I was hoping they could think of what is needed to run
distributed Drupal.

So who can put forth the first round of items that need to be accounted
for in created a distributed Drupal environment?

Raymond