[CLUE-Cert] Linux Eductation.Certification Site: www.freeclassware.com

Lynn Danielson lynnd at techangle.com
Fri Sep 15 13:10:34 MDT 2000

Jim Intriglia wrote:
> Came across another Linux education/certification firm that is offering
> their CD-ROM/Book course for $950 (special 1/2 off intro rate).

That's Half Off?!  Week long boot camps cost less than that!

> Ribbed them about their CD_ROM courseware being Windows-based

Ribbed them, I wished you'd deboned them entirely and feasted
on their spineless carcass.

I picked up a Solaris certification book which came with a CD_ROM
and, guess what, it's courseware was MS Windows based.  It amazes
me that they get away with this crap.  Perhaps the majority of
people pursuing UNIX/Linux certification really prefer to run
Windows and the population sample that I'm familiar with is just
a wild aberration.  I guess as long as they market it well enough
and people continue to purchase it, they won't understand that
anything's wrong.

I'd ask which certification program they're supporting, but I
really don't care.  Enough ranting.

> I am going to continue keeping an eye-out for low-cost (<$250) ...
> Linux education and certification, and post them as I come across them

Thanks Jim.  Keep us posted.

Lynn D.