[CLUE-Cert] FW: Linux education/classes

Ben Roe ben at tde.com
Wed Apr 18 22:42:18 MDT 2001

Crawford,
I've been a part of the CLUE Cert Study Group for
several months and have passed the first exam
for SAIR (Installation and Configuration).

If I were in need of learning quickly and passing
the test quickly, a class might be a good way to
go.

However, I find that my learning is deeper and
more lasting by participating in a group like the
one we have.  We share leadership, discuss the
issues related to the text, and occasionally chase
rabbits through the thickets of things like the
filesystem inodes.  :-)

I like the style of the group and am learning much
more than the book stuff (which I could get on my
own anyway):  I'm learning the kinds of real-life
issues that sys admins face, the relative merits of
this approach or that, of this distro or that, etc.

I find this enjoyable and very useful to my learning.

Come visit us sometime.

ben

Crawford Rainwater wrote:

> I posted this to the general discussion LUGs in
> Boulder and Denver, so pardon the repetition on
> this if you have read this before.
>
> I am curious to hear the folks in the CLUE-Cert
> opinions on this as well.  Hopefully I can find
> a way to help the folks out as well, since I am
> presently working on the SAIR Cert as well.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> --- Crawford
> rainwac at attglobal.net

Ben Roe