[CLUE-Cert] [Fwd: Re: Feedback - Sair Linux and GNU Certification Web Site-http://www.linuxcertification.com]

John Kottal jlkottal at americanisp.net
Fri Apr 20 12:48:58 MDT 2001

Lynn Danielson wrote:

> In skimming over the material for the installation/configuration and
> sys admin books, I find the comments and responses disappointing.
> Errors that we've uncovered and talked about in our group haven't been
> addressed.

Perhaps some effort could be made to write these down and submit them
after each meeting.

> Many of the comments complain about grammar, punctuation and
> readability.  While I won't say this is unimportant, it's far less
> significant than incorrect technical content.

They do distract from the reading, and if really egregious, cast
aspirations about the level of professionalism of the writer, inasmuch as
someone who can't be bothered to learn to spell and write correctly may
take the same cavalier approach towards the technical content of the
book. E.g., this morning I read a column by an internationally known
writer who talked about "towing the line". F****ing moron!