[CLUE-Cert] Samba and slaved printer

Darrell L. Ford darrellford at uswest.net
Fri Jul 6 15:24:09 MDT 2001

Sean,

I thought I would give you my printcap setting as well.  It is as follows:

HP722C:\
 :sh:\
 :ml=0:\
 :mx=0:\
 :sd=/var/spool/lpd/HP722C:\
 :lp=/dev/lp0:\
 :lpd_bounce=true:\
 :if=/usr/share/printconf/mf_wrapper:

On your windows machine, install your HP722c driver from your disk and set
it up as a local printer.... Go to settings>printers and edit your HP722C
printer configuration by right clicking on the HP722C Icon... Choose
properties... when properties open up choose the Details tab and under click
network printer radio button and under "Print to follwoing port choose "Add
Port"... Select "Browse" button and find the linux printer share under
network neighborhood click the printer icon representing your HP 722C and
thats it!!  should work...

Darrell