[CLUE-Cert] Sys Admin Test

Lynn Danielson lynn.danielson at clue.denver.co.us
Mon Sep 24 15:29:10 MDT 2001

Sean LeBlanc wrote:

> I wanted to give an update on the voucher issue. I wrote
> Sair about this, and a rep from there wrote me back (quite
> quickly, I might add):
<snip>
> Now that's the kind of service I can deal with! :)
> At least some people at Sair, and maybe all of them, are stand-up guys.

Cool.  Glad to hear it.

> > On Fri, 21 Sep 2001 17:00:14 -0600
> > Lynn Danielson <lynn.danielson at clue.denver.co.us> wrote:
> > >
> > > The xargs command is also supposed to be able to use the
> > > {} symbols to indicate argument substitution, but I haven't
> > > been able to get this feature to work.

I think I figured out the problem I was having with xargs.
Under Solaris you have to use the "-i" switch in order to
use the replacement string operator.  It wasn't clear to me
from the man page for GNU xargs that this was necessary,
but it is.  -- from the for what it's worth department.

Lynn

p.s. 'got your request for chai recipe, but had trouble
replying over the weekend.  I'll send it to you again.