[CLUE-Cert] Next meeting & spam issues

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at americanisp.net
Tue Aug 27 07:08:42 MDT 2002

On 08-26 21:43, David Anselmi wrote:
> Sean LeBlanc wrote:
> <snip>
> Somehow I manage to avoid most spam.  Most comes to the clue webmaster
> address, but I get less than a month than you do in a day.  Must be that
> I avoid risky behavior ;-)

I sure try to avoid risky behavior. However, I must have left my real
address on a few Usenet postings, or bigfoot.com is forwarding some, I'm not
sure.  Bigfoot is both a bane and a boon - The good thing is that folks who
know it should always be able to reach you. The down side is that folks who
know it should always be able to reach you. :) Also: when I signed up with
AmericanISP, they offered to filter for spam. Maybe you opted in for this? I
declined for fear of false positives. I also wonder if some folks aren't
harvesting emails from some of the mailing lists I'm on.

In any event, my junk folder is now up to 32 pieces of junk. I wish I could
collect $500 for every one I get. I'd never have to work again. :)

> Sorry to hear about your job.  Last I heard Jeff Cann's opening at S&P
> is on hold so you have time to get a resume to him.  I'm trying to catch
> my breath to do the same.

S&P? Standard and Poor's? Which opening was that? Are you also out of work?

ObCLUECert: Are we all set as far as hardware or other materials for next
week?

Cheers,
Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at americanisp.net
Being owned by someone used to be called slavery -- now it's called
commitment.