[clue-cert] I want to learn more about Linux

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Sat Jun 6 18:00:39 MDT 2009

Kevin Fries wrote:
> Hi Jon
>
> The best way is to install and uae it.  My recomendation is to install a
> fairly user friendly version of Linux like Ubuntu.

If you pick Ubuntu there's a free book available:

http://www.ubuntupocketguide.com/index_main.html

I haven't read it yet but it seems to have some helpful things and may
be aimed at beginners.

> On Jun 6, 2009, at 12:49 PM, Jon Blake <jtdblocksmith at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello everyone of CLUE,
>>
>> I would like to learn more about Linux and how to use it more
>> effectively as a desktop solution to Windows.  How do I find out more
>> about basic classes and meetings with CLUE?

The only thing you need to switch to Linux is sufficient interest.  If
this group is too focused on the details of the operating system you
might try a group that focuses on OpenOffice.org or other applications
that you need.  People here can probably recommend other places if you ask.

You might look through the archives and see whether this list or
clue-tech is more suited to your interests.  The archive links are on
the list info pages you can find here: