[CLUE-Talk] CLUE: SuSE 7.0 Anyone

Grant Johnson Grant.Johnson at MetroIS.com
Tue Nov 14 12:15:16 MST 2000

It does not sound like a kernel issue.  I did the upgrade too.  Here's the
scoop on YaST at least:  For some reason after a new install, YaST does not
always decide that it is one and flag things.  I suggest letteing YaST
start, tellng it to do an upgrade (yes, I know this wil do nothing, but it
seems to help when it finds nothing to do) then exit YaST, then log in as
root, then run YaST again and d the upgrade again.  Exit YaST and logout.
Then it seems that somewhere in all of that YaST finally udates the flag
that says it is done.  As for httpd not being found:  See if it is there.
See if it is executeable.  Maybe you had it before, but do not now and the
start-up scrpts are still there.  If you want it, install it, if not, just
make the script in /etc/rc.d/init.d not executeable,and it goes away.  If
you do want it an it is being screwy, rpm -e it, then make sure the scripts
are gone and the symlinks are gone to it too, then install it.  Maybe the
newer version of the packge is in a different directory, and the old
start-up script is still there.

Or you could do what I do:  if it is installed, go in and tweak the
start-up script to point to the right place.

I have SuSE 7 nstalled on my laptop.  I will be there tonight.  We an poke
around a bit and see what we find.