[CLUE-Talk] E-Mail Clients... A shameless plug...

Match Grun match at dimensional.com
Sat May 5 12:51:39 MDT 2001

At present, the from address is always the default
address. I believe this should be changed so that
it defaults to the from address for the highlighted
mailbox. Anyway, you can change the From Address
using the Compose Message, drop-down list. I frequently
test messages by sending to myself at 4 different eMail
addresses. The messages do go out correctly.

Sylpheed also uses MH format mailboxes. I feel that
this is superior to the maildir format since each
message is a separate disk file. It is very easy to
hose a maildir file if a disk write fails. With MH you
only lose one message.

You can also import mailboxes from Netscape and other
maildir format mailboxes. Hey, you only need to do this
once!

Note that current version is 0.4.65. Don't you just
hate the stupid Linux version numbering. I always
release with version 1 and not version 0. Anyway, I
started developing with version 0.4.64, will apply
my changes to the latest version when I am done with
address book changes.

BTW: IMAP support is not yet complete in the current
version.

--
Match Grun
"Don't wonder too much -- you may get lost"