[CLUE-Talk] Paypal or other

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Fri Apr 19 10:38:40 MDT 2002

Thus spoke Kevin Cullis
> I'm suppose to look up how my organization can do e-Commerce and I've
> glanced at Paypal and it seems pretty easy. Do you all have other
> suggestions and what do you think of them? Our transactions won't be
> that many, about 20-40 per month at the most.

I've had no problems with them so far.  The biggest complaint I have is the
slightly high cost of transactions (but it isn't that bad).  Some people
have complained that they can't get their money right away, saying PayPal
hangs on to it for a few extra days so they can gather more interest on the
monies.  But I haven't had any such problems to this point.

Yahoo has a similar program that I looked at after I started with PayPal.
I didn't switch because I didn't see any serious advantages for doing so.
I've not heard any good or bad issues about them, though they have quite a
few "storefronts" via this service.

--
Michael J. Hammel                               The Graphics Muse
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                      http://www.graphics-muse.com