[CLUE-Talk] New Colorado Tax on Software Development

Charlie Oriez coriez at oriez.org
Tue Apr 23 15:41:52 MDT 2002

On Tuesday 23 April 2002 14:27, Matt Gushee gave up the right to
remain silent by saying:
> On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 12:44:23PM -0600, Jeffery Cann wrote:
> > On Tuesday 23 April 2002 08:52 am, Charlie Oriez wrote:
> > > so how many will actually attend their caucuses tonight and
> > > propose resolutions opposing this?
> >
> > Me.
> >
> > > how many even knew there WERE caucuses tonight?
> >
> > Not me.
> >
> > > call your county clerk for locations.
>
> Two questions:
>
>   Do you have to have declared a party affiliation to participate?

To vote, yes.  They are supposed to be public meetings open to all.
The Dems will even let you participate in Arapahoe County even if you
havent declared, though you wont be able to vote.

>   What is the main purpose of having caucuses tonight?

Elect delegates to county conventions which will then nominate
candidates for the various offices.  Democrats in particular also
like to pass resolutions which eventually become the county platform.
I'm on the Arapahoe County Dem platform committee, so you can
reasonably expect that an effort will be made to insert it there.  I
have about three other agenda items working at the same time not I.T.
related, so I expect my time on the platform committee will be
entertaining.

Remember that the caucuses are based on the new precinct numbers post
redistricting.  Call your county clerk's office to get your new
precinct number and your caucus location.  The elections office at
the Arapahoe C&R is highly organized and able to help you quickly.
I'm impressed, even if they are the "wrong" party.

--
coriez at oriez.org          charles oriez
**