[CLUE-Talk] Colorado: Software tax raises ire

David Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Tue Apr 23 18:49:53 MDT 2002

"Timothy C. Klein" wrote:

> Ok, Kevin (and others), explain to me why this is automatically bad.
> Other than the knee-jerk reaction that any new tax is bad.  I'm curious
> on what the opinions are.

I work for the government.  We waste most of the money we get.  IMO, any new
tax is bad.

I also like being able to vote for tax increases.  I vote against them,
always.

I am not closed minded.  I would vote for a tax increase to support a service
that was:

- constitutional
- necessary (not "good", "compasionate", or "in my best interest")
- impossible to provide except through the government

and I would only vote for it after all the programs that don't meet the above
were cut.

I know, I'm a whacko (used to be a cultist, but we got Republicans now) :-)

Dave
--
"Anything called a program is unconstitutional."  Joseph Sobran