[CLUE-Talk] JSP and browsers?

grant.johnson at twcable.com grant.johnson at twcable.com
Thu Aug 1 10:36:30 MDT 2002

>I believe it is a .NET production due to the .NET logo at the
>top of the web page.  Though I could be wrong, and it could just
>be a logo for the flare too.  However, the URL was a .jsp page.

.Net does NOT support Java.  .Net is all of the wost parts of Java with
none of the good parts.  (The  performance problems of a virtual machine
without platform independence)

>>>Just a potential oversight for those
>>>who thing M$ rules the web realm?
>>>
>>Well, IE does have something like a 90% market share, and arguably
>>delivers a much better user experience than Netscape. There are times
>>when I wish there were a Linux version of it.
>>

>Boo, hiss. ;-)

Being someone who switches browsers more often than some change
underwear, I would have to strongly disagree.  Netscape 4 was great when
new, but became decidedly dated before 6 hit, then 6 was a disaster.
 6.2 is fine, and even nice.  Mozilla is better, as it has less baggage
(cute add ons).  Opera was OK, but you need high resolution.  My laptop
only does 800X600, and this made Opera almost unuseable on it.  On other
machines, though, it is very nice.  That said, my current favorite is
Konqueror.  I think I am on version 3.02.  At work, I am required to use
a Windows 2000 machine.  I wish Konqueror ran on it.  I especially like
the icons that are unique to the website, rather than just being the
Konqueror icon so that I can quickly find the one I want.