[CLUE-Talk] Job web sites to visit

Kevin Cullis kevincu at orci.com
Sat Dec 7 16:18:38 MST 2002

Sean LeBlanc wrote:

> I'm sure that the customer does come first for the self-employed as well as
> the smaller companies - but I have serious reservations about the
> multinationals. Something which adds to the problem is the golden parachutes
> of the CXOs and VPs running these - if you make X gazillion dollars on the
> way out the door, why would you give a flying fig about the success of the
> company OR the happiness of the customers? I'm not just saying that "it's
> not fair" or the like - I'm just saying that there is a conflict of
> interest.

Sean,

On the AM radio dial, there is a Jewish Rabbi Dennis Prager
(http://www.dennisprager.com/) that speaks every day from 9 AM -12 PM,
there abouts, and he has stated that HUGE businesses do NOT really enjoy
good morals, but in fact are arrogant. Look at the likes of Enron,
WorldCon :-) and others, the "image" of success is more important than
the service of success.  I heard about a survey of CXOs and they were
asked what made them successful?  Nearly everyone had something to say
about themselves, like 90-95%, and how THEY did it, but few stated that
it was those that did the REAL work, those that worked under the CXOs.
So, if you were to redistribute ALL of the world's wealth equally among
the world's population, within a number of years the same amounts would
be back in roughly the same hands as before because smart people DO earn
the money.  However, when you look at once success is achieved (read Tom
Peter's book "In Search of Excellence" and compare the "winner"
companies of then with todays) the arrogant factor comes into play and
that wealth is lost after some time.

Kevin