[CLUE-Talk] I'm new...

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at americanisp.net
Mon Dec 9 20:12:41 MST 2002

On 12-08 22:16, Marcin wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I found the CLUE www on the internet ;-)
> My English isn't very good (yet ;-) that I mainly will be reading yours
> mailing lists. Unfortunately I can't meet with you on yours meeting
> because... I live in Poland. That's far away, but not through the
> internet ;-). Maybe another day I will have opportunity to come on the
> yours meeting. Who know... ;-)
>
> Let me introduce myself:
> My name is Marcin. I am 31 years old. Not married. I live in Poland
> (central Europe). I use RedHat and Debian GNU/Linux, and still Windows.
> I think I am new to Linux. I like Linux very much of course :-) I am
> also interested in astronomy. So, I think that is all as yet.
> Still is Sunday so I wish you successfully Sunday afternoon.
>
> PS: I hope my English isn't very difficult to understand for you.

I just noticed this message - so...

Welcome. I think these lists also have people from northeastern U.S., which
is a lot closer, but still too far away to attend meetings. There may be
others who are participating from afar.

Your English is just fine. During my freshman year at university, I had a
roommate who was originally from Poland - he had moved here with his parents
sometime during high school. I didn't learn a lick of Polish, though, so I
wouldn't worry about your English...it's probably on par with the average
American's. ;)

You didn't mention if you go to any local meetings - do you live close
enough to go to this one?

http://www.linux.org.pl/

AND, if you are interested in astronomy, have you seen this?

http://www.openuniverse.org/

Cheers,
Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at americanisp.net
http://users.americanisp.net/~seanleblanc/
Get MLAC at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mlac/
Sometimes I wish I had never met you. Because then I could go to sleep at
night not knowing there was someone like you out there.
-Gerald Lambeau (Stellan Skarsgard), "Good Will Hunting"