[CLUE-Talk] I'm new...

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at americanisp.net
Mon Dec 16 21:40:48 MST 2002

On 12-10 22:19, Marcin wrote:

> Hello,
>
> > Your English is just fine. During my freshman year at university, I
> > had a roommate who was originally from Poland
> Do you have contact with him?

Unfortunately, no. I was supposed to meet up with him when I was in Philly
for training back in 1997, but I got violently ill and had to go home. I
called him from home to tell him I couldn't make it - I think he took it
personally. It's unfortunate, because he was a great guy.

> > - he had moved here with his parents sometime during high school.
> Actually, I wonder about my move to Denver ;-) but I don't know what to
> do, stay here or move. You can ask me - why Denver, why not e.g. NY or
> Chicago? The answer is easy: because there aren't any mountines in NY
> etc. ;-) That's way I started look for any LUG in Denver ;-)

Well, it depends on how you define a mountain. :) There are rolling
mountains in the state of N.Y.

The *really* nice thing about this area is the amount of sunny days in a
year. I may get beaten by the locals for letting out the big secret,
though...:)

> > You didn't mention if you go to any local meetings - do you live close
> > enough to go to this one?
> I've got in my city BLUG - Beskidy Linux Users Group. (Beskidy is the
> name of mountines nearby my city), but nothing interesting happen on
> the meetings. It isn't real LUG :-( A few friends meet into internet
> cafe and talk about nothing :-( There aren't any copy party, install
> party or lectures. There are only a few people from my city - the rest
> are from outside (just like me in the CLUE ;-). Next LUG is in Krakow.
> Unfortunately Krakow is about 100 km from me and next in Wroclaw, about
> 200 km from me :-(

Sorry to hear that. CLUE is one well-oiled machine, and I have to say that I
was very impressed the first time I dropped in for a meeting.

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at americanisp.net
http://users.americanisp.net/~seanleblanc/
Get MLAC at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mlac/
I have a higher and greater standard of principle. Washington could not lie. I
can lie but I won't.
-Mark Twain, in the Chicago Tribune, 20 Dec 1871